Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kenpo Karate: Getting Rest

So, I'm sick, and yet here I am writing another article. It wouldn't be an issue really to take a day off, but I promised to make an entry every day, so here I go.

Being sick sucks. I just came down with a cold and I'm feeling sooooooooooooooooooo tired. I tried to take a nap, but that didn't seem to work, because I was worried about you guys in cyber space. :)

But as one martial artist to another, in order to be at your best, you need to rest (that rhymed! yay me!)

Though you may feel that you need to practice every day and also that you can put a little more effort to increase your skill level, there is nothing wrong with taking a day off.

Sometimes we press ourselves too hard trying to accomplish much in a short amount of time. But all that does is make us hate whatever it is we're doing. You can't follow the Way if you hate it. It will become a burden that will eventually be too hard to carry.

So some tips to keep up your strength:
  1. Drink plenty of fluids
  2. Eat plenty of protein and vegetables
  3. When your body, mind or soul is tired, rest and let it rest until it is ready for more training.
Thanks; it's nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment